Ahead of the Parliamentary debate on a Scottish National Investment Bank on 8 May, LINK members outline their views on establishing a Scottish National Investment Bank (SNIB). This is an exciting opportunity to take strides towards a more sustainable economy and a Scotland richer in nature. Our key recommendations for establishing a SNIB that delivers for … Read More »
Over the last decade, LINK members have become increasingly aware of the importance of engaging in economic debates as environmental objectives and concerns have often been sidelined by economic policies. In 2011, LINK established its Economics Group which aims to influence the economic debate in Scotland. Members are listed below.
- Circular Economy for a Fairer Footprint. This three year project, with a grant from Friends Provident Foundation, started in May 2018 and aims to reduce our consumption of planetary resources; both finite non-renewable resources which will ultimately run out, and also the renewable resources which are being depleted at rates which are not sustainable.
- The Flourishing Scotland project. The Flourishing Scotland project was implemented by LINK’s Economics Group with a grant from Friends Provident Foundation between Jan 2014 and May 2017.
- Our narrative on the environment and the economy. This describes the relationship between the environment and the economy and the changes needed in how we view and manage our economy.
- The National Performance Framework and beyond GDP. Work on the National Performance Framework (NPF) was a main part of the Flourishing Scotland Project. This section explains the NPF and work in relation to it.
- The Circular Economy. The Circular Economy approach offers a different perspective on the economy with the potential to become significantly more sustainable. LINK was involved in the development of the Scottish CE strategy.
- Thinking about a transition to a low carbon and sustainable economy. LINK organised two events to discuss the investment needed and other tools which could aid a transition to a low carbon and sustainable economy.