Scottish Environment LINK welcomes the opportunity to share its views regarding the amendments lodged at Stage 2 of the Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill.
LINK supports robust action to effectively address the climate and nature emergencies. This means ambitious targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions but also the roll-out of nature-based solutions that will allow us to sequester carbon, as highlighted in the recent UK Committee on Climate Change report.
As such LINK members support the following amendments:
- Setting a net-zero greenhouse gas emissions target by 2045 at the latest (amendment 1)
- Stating the importance of 1.5°C on the face of the Bill (amendments 97, 104, 54)
- Strengthening of Scotland’s land use policies (amendment 133)
- Protection and enhancement of Scotland’s marine carbon areas (amendment 136)
- Integrating circular economy within the target setting criteria (amendment 107)
Scottish Environment LINK also supports the Stop Climate Chaos Scotland Stage 2 amendments briefing.
Read our full briefing here.