- LINK members strongly support the proposal to classify five SPAs in Scottish offshore waters.
- LINK members support the Scottish Government’s commitment to safeguarding and enhancing
marine biodiversity through the implementation of EU legislation.
- SPAs are required to meet obligations under the EU Birds Directive and LINK members believe
that the scientific evidence presented fully justifies the case for classification.
- Sound management is now required and statutory agencies must have sufficient resources to
assess site condition in order to achieve the conservation objectives.
- The five pSPAs, if designated and well managed, will provide a valuable contribution towards
Scotland’s MPA network.