- LINK members strongly support the proposal to classify 10 SPAs in Scottish inshore waters.
- LINK members support the Scottish Government’s commitment to safeguarding marine biodiversity through the implementation of EU legislation.
- SPAs are required to meet obligations under the EU Birds Directive and LINK members believe that the scientific evidence presented fully justifies the case for classification.
- The UK Government has agreed for the Scottish Government to consult on sites with parts in offshore waters we urge that the remaining sites identified by SNH and JNCC can be put to consultation without delay.
- Sound management is now required and statutory agencies must have sufficient resources to assess site condition in order to achieve the conservation objectives.
- The analysis of measures to support management of the proposed marine SPAs urgently needs to be extended to cover all existing SPAs with seaward extensions which have no such advice available.